If you’re a fitness freak or you just want to shed some extra pounds, then you’d be shocked to the benefits that these exercises have to offer for you. If you’ve read the other articles from our website, you would be able to get a clearer vision of what a Trampoline is. On this particular topic, we would sit down and discuss the differences between a Treadmill and a Trampoline. Treadmill exercises are fantastic cardio but let’s compare it to Trampoline exercises and Rebounding and find out which one of these works the best and why do some people prefer trampolines over treadmills.
What is a Treadmill?
When talking about treadmills, it is essential you fully understand what a treadmill is. Treadmills are electrical equipment that helps you mimic motions as if you were running but without having to move from that particular place. It also has a built-in meter which counts how many miles have you been running on the treadmill.
Treadmills tend to have prevalent compartments. Let’s talk about the first one, such as the conveyor belt. This compartment is the exterior surface where a person has to perform running like motions. It usually has a more significant surface area which helps people of shapes and sizes to walk or run on it. Then comes the electric motor. This is where the user can operate or take in control of the speed on how fast or slow they would like the treadmill to work. Meaning, it controls the belt that moves whilst you run on the surface of the treadmill. The whole idea of this process is that, you run according to the speed of the conveyor belt. Let’s say if you’ve set the conveyor belt at a higher rate, then you would too have to run at the same speed. The same goes for the when you set it up for a lower speed vice versa. If you don’t run or jog according to the speed of the conveyor belt, you might end up injuring yourself, and this may be a hazard to your health.
Not only that, but Treadmills also offer a built-in heart rate monitors or pulse monitors which check for your heart rate while running and also a monitoring mechanism that will check for the calories burned, the distance you covered and your total speed of running. These measurements are shown on the LCD screen, which is positioned at the front of the treadmill.
Treadmills are very convenient for you if you’re more of a jogging person. You can jog anytime of the day or at any whether just in your home. When you’re using a treadmill, no bad weather can stop you from reaching those extra miles. However, treadmills are run on electricity, and often they consume a lot of power and can cost you a bit. But the results are as good as jogging. An average person is suggested to jog for about an hour 3-4 times a week or whenever you are free.
What are Trampolines?
Trampolines are very different from treadmills. It is a piece of standard equipment that requires no form of electricity or power connection to work. Trampolines are less complicated than a treadmill and are made of steel bars and a rubbery surface where you can bounce on your free will.
Trampolines are favorites when it comes to kids and adults. It is often seen as a fun and recreational activity for children. It is super enjoyable and has no hard and fast rules to perform an exercise on it. Trampolines can be often found in several outdoor festivals such as birthday parties, pool parties, summer festivals and so on. Trampolines are an addition to outdoor recreational activity, but people are often unaware of the several health benefits that trampolines offer.
Trampolines are beyond just a recreational activity but rather a fitness exercise. It serves the purpose of losing weight and entertainingly building muscle mass. The reason why people choose to trampolines over other uses is that it requires no strict rules or any steady motions that many find annoying.
Let’s be real here, who likes exercising? It is of no doubt that using may come as a little dull or too harsh on some people but rarely ever, jumping on a trampoline may seem boring—the reason why children like trampolines are that it mimics the function of jumping on their beds.
Trampolines come in different shapes and sizes, and each has its functionality. To speak of one, rebounders are often known as mini-trampolines. Rebounders are smaller in format and have their function. People who look forward to losing weight use Rebounders. It is more convenient to use, and you can place it anywhere in your house and store it away if not needed anymore.
Trampolines and rebounders have several health benefits. To name a few trampolines and rebounders have several health benefits. To name a few
- It helps you lose weight
- It increases your bone and muscle mass. By jumping on a trampoline, you will be able to strengthen your bone.
- It helps you grow taller. Jumping on trampoline elongates your muscle and stretches your muscles and strengthens bone; therefore, you’re more likely to gain height,
- It makes you leaner
- It straightens your posture
- Jumping on a trampoline involves the movement of every single cell in your body. Therefore, it increases helps the cells to rejuvenate.
- It helps with blood circulation throughout your body
- It is a stress reliever.
- It also improves digestion.
- It stimulates your eye muscles, therefore, improving your eye-sight.
- It is very beneficial for your spinal cord.
- It tones your whole body without you having to do any strict exercises that may be demotivating at times.
The difference between a Trampoline and a Treadmill
Staying active in your routine is an essential factor in a healthy lifestyle, so it is imperative to select the most effective mode of exercise. It would also be advisable to keep these two possibilities available after you have limited your choices for Jogging on a treadmill or jumping on a trampoline. However, if you do choose one, it may be the most effective option using a mini-trampoline or Rebounding.
Aerobic exercises that remove calories, assist with weight loss or maintenance, and improve the stamina include a trampoline or a treadmill workout. Both the workout sessions are very special, so consider the other for a great fit if you do not saute for joy for one.
Studies show that Rebounding can burn up to 210 calories per 30 minutes of jumping at a restrained intensity. On the other hand jogging or running on a treadmill can burn up to 105 calories per mile. When comparing by NASA’s Bio mechanical Research Division for a brief analysis shows that both the exercises offer the same heart and oxygen consumption but rebounding or jumping on a trampoline may have more exceptional results and it is considered to be more effective than running.
Walking or jogging on a treadmill has a low effect because your feet stay inclined to the board. If the speed of your jogging or sprinting is raised, (like trampoline exercises) than your movements also increases to a higher impact as your feet are off the ground for a while. Therefore, it burns your calories faster.
Running on treadmills would require you to have a power-plug or some sort of electrical energy on which it would run but having a trampoline requires none. Therefore, jumping on trampolines can be often seen as an inexpensive method that you can use for the long run. Since treadmills are known to be a piece of electric equipment and have motors and wires attached, it is more than treadmills may get drained and stop working at some point in time. Trampolines, on the other hand are not electrically built it is only made of steel and rubber and last you up to decades if taken care of in the right way. However, treadmills require more maintenance than treadmills.
Moreover, trampolines bigger space makes it more convenient for you to perform several different exercises on it. Such as trampoline yoga, jogging, bouncing, basic bouncing advanced jogging, jumping jacks etc. But Treadmills on the other hand remain steadfast to just walking or running some may even prefer weight lifting with dumbbells while exercising on treadmills. Nevertheless, you can do weight lifting exercises on the trampoline as well.
Rebounding promises you several health benefits besides fitness. Trampoline exercises or Rebounding is giving you the capacity to perform high-intensity cardio than treadmill exercises. Rebounding burns more calories than jogging and Rebounding can seem much more fun than the usual exercising. Rebounding is something you can do for fun and still be able to gain more benefits than hours of jogging on a treadmill.
Regular, daily exercise allows for weight control, decreased illness risk, improved appetite, more stamina, healthier sleep and much more healthy sexual life. Many doctors and fitness experts recommend that the workout routine should incorporate various activity types. So, rather than opting only jogging on treadmills, you are highly encouraged to rebound as well.
Why should you prefer Trampoline exercises or Rebounding more than Treadmills?
Trampolines have always been an attraction for kids as it refers to all the cool kids in the neighborhood would have it in their backyards. But in recent years, trampolines have become much more popular among adults too as a piece of fitness equipment. Trampolines were always seen as the fun and recreation that kids would enjoy, but its health benefits have come to light in recent years.
This springy equipment has been seen used by various sportsmen and is considered to be a high completion sport in many parts of the world.
But what makes it so different from Treadmills?
There is a fundamental reason why fitness experts prefer trampolines more than treadmills. Well, let us discuss the key factors and reason out why you should prefer jumping more than treadmill jogging.
- Cost-effective: Rebounders and Trampolines are super profitable. When thinking of cheap and fun workout equipment, you can’t go wrong with Trampolines. Treadmills, on the other hand, are run by electricity and has various functions. Therefore, it is more likely that treadmills are double the price of a trampoline.
- Maintenance: As mentioned earlier, treadmills are known to have more functions and mechanisms than treadmills. It requires high maintenance and doesn’t last up to that long. Trampolines, on the other hand, have fewer maintenance issues. All you can do is dust it every now and then and paint the iron bars to protect it from rusting. Trampolines can last you up to decades if you know how to take care of them properly. And you can even store them away if you don’t require it anymore.
- Setting up: Is there any doubt that trampolines are something that you and your dad could build in the backyard as a kid? Well, trampolines are more comfortable to fit and set up. However, treadmills are a bit more complicated and need to be set up near a power plug, unlike trampolines or rebounders.
- Space Requirements: This is something that you should be concerned with cause when it comes to treadmills, you must keep in mind that they aren’t near a place where it can come in contact with kids. You must also keep in mind that you are not setting up the treadmill near a place where it comes in contact with water or heat. As it may destroy the inner functions of the treadmill.
- Trampolines or rebounders are something you can fit in anywhere as long as there’s enough space. If you’re looking forward to setting up in a smaller space, then you should get a rebounder but if you’re going to set it up outdoor or space which has a more significant area than you can’t go wrong with trampolines.
- Working out: If you’ve gone through the whole article, you would be able to find out that trampolines are known to be more effective when you’re trying to lose weight. Jumping is much more high-intensity cardio than jogging.
Conclusion: Which is better?
Trampolines, especially the mini trampolines or rebounders, are much cheaper than treadmills. Besides, trampolines that you set up in backyards or outdoors are less expensive than treadmills and more fun to use.
Health and fitness will never be overwhelming. It clearly denies the goal. It’s a lot easier to exercise on a Trampoline than a treadmill. You will have more reasons to love the exercising when rebounding rather than just jogging on old, dull treadmills.